Simple and Easy Steps to Follow:
Garbage disposal is a great kitchen helping tool, that can help you to get the kitchen waste out of your house without any problems. This helps you to keep your kitchen clean and tidy. Once you get a garbage disposal installed to your kitchen then you can just leave your waste to your garbage disposal and have a clean life. But keeping the garbage disposal bad smell free can be a great problem. But if you can manage to maintain some simple steps you can easily keep the disposal bad smell free. I am going to describe some simple methods in which you can get the bad smell out of your garbage disposal.
Image by Getty
Method 1: Daily Cleaning
- Turn on the disposal and run enough hot water: Turn on the disposal and keep the hot water tap open and get the water going for about 40 seconds to 1 minute. You have to make sure that you get enough hot water going through your disposal pipes.
- Turn off the disposal and stop the sink with rubber stopper: Turn off the disposal and stuck the sink line with a rubber stopper. Then you have to fill the sink with hot water and dish cleaning detergent.
- Turn on the disposal and quickly remove the rubber stopper: Next you have to remove the rubber stopper and turn on the disposal. This will make sure you have the disposal cleaning very easily.
- Stop the disposal and clean the rubber flap: Next you have to stop the disposal and clean the rubber flap with a toothbrush or a nylon brush. Then you have to run the water through the disposal to clean the disposal.
- Run the water once again: Run the water for another few moments. This will clean the disposal and get the bad smell out of the disposal.
Method 2: Deodorizing Cleaning
- Fill the whole drain pipe with baking soda: Get a ½ cup of baking soda and fill the drain pipe with the powder. If it is not fully covered then just pour more baking soda in the drain pipe.
- Put ½ cup of vinegar into the drain line: Next you have to pour ½ cup of vinegar into the disposal line going. Vinegar will kill the bacteria and deodorize the pipeline.
- Leave the solution to stay for about 1 hour: You have to leave the solution sit in the drain pipe for about an hour. This will deodorize the line. It will also clean the pipe and will also kill the bacteria of the line.
- Turn the disposal on and run cold water: Lastly, just run cold water for about a minute. Though vinegar is acidic, it may cause damage to the rubber particles of the disposal. So you have to make sure that you run cold water in the disposal to ensure that the disposal is not damaged.
Disposal is easy to keep bad smell free if you maintain the simple steps. This will ensure you to keep the disposal damage and smell free.
Read Reviews for the Best Garbage Disposals