Follow These Easy Steps to Save Extra Plumber Costs
If you are planning to get your disposal removed and get back to your original sink, then that is not a difficult job to do at all.
The removal of a garbage disposal is very easy. You can do it by your own self. But to keep it safe, make sure that you disconnect the disposal properly.
And to make the job easy for you keep the flashlight in your hands though you are working in a dark place.
Tools That You Need for Your Disposal Removal
How To Remove A Garbage Disposal
- 1Disconnect your disposal from the power source and make sure that there is no power supply on. Ensure that there is no beeps or light coming out of the disposal. If there are no beeps or lights that means there is no power supply in the disposal. Next is to make sure that you disconnect the disposal from the wall socket.
- 2The disposal will have a drain pipe that is adjacent to the sink. You need to get screwdrivers to remove the pipe from the disposal and open the screws to detach it. If there is a dishwasher connected to your disposal, then you have to detach it too.
- 3The disposal will be secured with a snap ring. You need to get it out. So to do that you need to get your screwdriver and placed under the snap ring and open it. You will need hand gloves if you don’t want your screwdrivers to slip away and you hurt yourself.
- 4The disposal can be heavy. To save your floor to break down, place rags or towels under the disposal. So that that can protect your floor.
- 5When the disposal comes out you need to remove the mounting. There are three screws placed to keep it secured. Just open it up from the bottom of your sink.
Replace Your Sink Drain
- 1Use a pipe wrench to loosen the screws and remove the screws that secure the drain flange. After that you can easily push the drain pipe up through your sink line. And remove it.
- 2Clean up the dried putty around the sink collar. For this, you can use a putty knife or blades. You can rub the place to remove the dried putty with the help of water and your scrubbing pad. You might need to scrub the area with alcohol or spirits.
- 3Cover the cleaned area with new plumber pudding. Clean the excessive of the pudding.
- 4The new sink you want to be adjusted may come with a flat washer. This needs to be placed under the drain threads. You have to tighten the screws with your lock plier. This may need weight on your sink. You can put weight over the sink to keep it placed on the right place. Remove extra putty according to the need.
Install the Drain Pipes
- 1Get the right size of PVC pipe that is adjacent to your sink. Get the pipe attached and put plumber tape to stop water leakage.
- 2Adjust elbow fitting pipe to the t-lifting. Measure the distance of the end. Tighten the plastic nuts with your hands. Wrench or lock pliers are not recommended to do the job.
- 3The whole process that is described upon is the simplest process to remove your disposal by your own self. But the most warning part is to make sure that you turn off the disposal properly before working with it. Otherwise, there may occur any unwanted accidents.